Mind Mapping








https://www.mindmeister.com/1217603811#

   The website I chose to create my mind map was called Mind Meister and in the process of creating my mind map I was able to discovers so many little details in creating my mind map. I really enjoyed the site because it was easy and gave instructions for how to use its tools. It was very easily laid out. I was able to create my mind map the way I wanted, customized in my own way and I really liked that I could use little emoji pictures like the ones we use on our phones to place with our mind map. It was fun to be able to use the little emojis! I formatted mine with questions that I had to help me remember what the purpose is or on the subject to fully understand it. I also was able to split up information into sections that would all tie into together. Some reasons why I think mind mapping is great in the classroom is because it allows students to be creative, intuitive and organized with information they are learning. Allowing them to customize and design their own notes the way they feel like they can remember is key to their comfort and learning. Truly with mind mapping a students is able to broaden their understanding and memorization with mind maps. Some reasons why I think or ways it can be used in the classroom would be around note taking and reviews for a test or exam. Having students create a mind map on their own or while instruction on a day before a test with teacher guiding would be a great way for students to prepare themselves. Although some students may be over doing their mind maps with too much visuals can be a problem but with the right instruction students would be able to use it as an asset. Personally, mind mapping was something I didn't even really knew about but after being able to explore its benefits I am really excited about using it in the future for when I become a teacher! Even using it now as a student in college is a great way to improve your memory about a topic!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Owns the Learning

A little about myself...